Strzelecki Explorer - Big River to Mt Strzelecki foothills return (South Coast)
Half Day Prices
Riders $220.00 (incl. GST)
Passengers $110 per person (incl. GST)
3.5 to 4 Hours
Rides depart Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays at 8.30 am & 1:30 pm
Want to experience Mt Strzelecki National Park without the climb, jump on board a 4 wheel motorbike ATV / Quad bike one of our Polaris Sportsman X2 550 and discover the remote southern wilderness of Flinders Island.
A 35 km ride combining deserted white sandy beaches, a maze of fire trails and dense rainforest with towering gums. Experience the freedom of discovering this remote area that even locals rarely venture to. Stop at the many secluded beaches and see the islands of the Furneaux Group like mountains in the sea as they rise from the pristine waters of Franklin Sound. With breathtaking views of the Strzelecki Peaks including Mount Razorback and Mount Belstead surrounding you as you ride. Your knowledgeable local guide will provide information on outlying islands and points of interest along the way including information about the wild pig population and their introduction into Flinders Island. Learn about the history of the many mutton-bird rookeries on the outer Islands and flight of the Short-Tailed Shearwaters. Wind through gigantic eucalyptus gums and lush ferns of the National Park before heading back to the coast. Our half day tours offer plenty of riding and time to absorb the natural surroundings at our secluded stops including morning or afternoon tea break.
Running Sheet for Tour
- Commencing from the end of Big River Road at the car park (see map)
- Pre trip safety briefing including training ride
- Stop 1 –Pigs Head Point assess riders comfort and short discussion on islands including the Anderson Island, Long Island and Cape Barren Island.
- Stop 2 – Tongue Point short discussion on outlying islands and their history in primary production and commercial quail hunting including Tin Kettle and Vansittart Islands.
- Stop 3 – Foot hills of Strzelecki Peaks photo opportunity of semi rainforest and discussion on wild pig damage and their introduction to Flinders Island.
- Stop 4 – Scenic look out and morning or afternoon tea relax take photos enjoy the view and answer questions.
- Stop 5 – depending on time, last opportunity for photos and possibly a swim.
- Beach ride, challenging terrain through scenic natural bush
- Sheltered tracks, rocky slopes and rainforest with man ferns
- Comfortable 2 seat quads – Polaris Sportsman X2 550 fully automatic
- Spectacular views of mountains and outlying Islands
- Knowledgeable guide to provide history and commentary
- Shells and seabirds
- Five informative stops including morning tea
- Wildlife, flora and fauna (wombats, wallabies, echidnas, mutton birds in season)
- Wild Pigs
- Migratory birds other birdlife (Hawks)
- Swimming beaches
- 3.5 to 4 Hours
- Rides depart Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays at 8.30 am & 1:30 pm
Half Day Prices
- Riders $220.00 (incl. GST)
- Passengers $110 per person (incl. GST)
Included In Price
- Quad bike adventure
- Commentary, history and local information
- Trained and experienced local guide
- Tours begin with a detailed safety training program
- All safety equipment (goggles and helmet)
- Wet weather gear (gloves, waterproofs, gumboots)
- Morning or afternoon tea